I have not yet done the homework to learn how to launch an official podcast. But I did just finish a first draft of my first episode.
This is a conversation with two friends of mine, both of whom I know from practicing Aikido. We got together over beer to discuss how to have better conversations.
I haven’t launched the actual podcast yet (probably on Apple Music), and there will be some additional editing. But this will give you an idea what’s in store.
Things we discussed:
- Conversations versus arguments
- There is a market for conflict
- The conditions necessary for disagreement
- Talking stick
- Understanding the nature of the conflict
- How practicing Aikido is like practicing conversations
- Maslow’s hierarchy — the process of being attacked
- Ability to interact is a skill, and it can atrophy
- Alone time, and how important it is
- The “I,” the “You,” and the “We.”
- Understanding ourselves is a key to better conversations
Just for fun… here’s a screen shot of the labels I added to the recorded conversation before I edited 2+ hours down to 1h 10m.